Monday, November 12, 2012

Let's be Honest..

Friends,

I am struggling. I am struggling so bad. Since finding out I am pregnant in early September I have really slowed down on my running. I did a 1/2 Marathon with my sister in October .. which I have not written about.. because it was a heart breaker for me. If I can be completely honest- since that day.... I HAVE NOT RAN. I am hurting inside. The Cassey that fell in love with running again- she is hurting. My little boy has even started asking me to go run, or going out and putting himself in the stroller, and even asking me to go on a race with him... all in the past week. I say.. "We will later!" Later has yet to come. 

I am struggling. I worked so hard to encourage so many people to start running and they ARE! I signed up for a Disney Princess Half Marathon in February to do with my best friend, sister, and mom... The biggest part of me does not even want to go to do it. HOW will I do it? I don't even run anymore? I am going to be six months pregnant. I need an intervention. I get so bitter sometimes when I see who I am becoming again. When I have no desire to be active... when that passion I had, I realize is gone. 

I am struggling. When I read things on Facebook about amazing runs people have (especially people I know)... I cry. I cry because I want it to be me again. I am so proud of them- but it hurts me. But then on the flip side- it makes ZERO sense, because it is my fault. I guess this is when I need to say.. suck it up and quit feeling sorry for myself.. and do something about it. 

I am struggling. I do not want to hit the pavement.. because I know HOW HARD 1 mile is going to be for me.. and I don't, don't, don't want to SEE that or FEEL that. I know when I go hit the sidewalk for my first run out, I am going to cry. Because I know where I was and where I am now and I just don't want to face it. 

Please tell me that I am not the only one. Please tell me you have been through this? How did you handle it? I am now 13 weeks pregnant.. I have plenty of time to get running again, right? I need tips/advice/motivation. Something more than telling me to suck it up and do it. I need real tips. 

-Big Sis

6 comments:

  1. Don't get down. I went through this as well earlier this year when I got pregnant. Itook some time off and it was good. Don't get down on yourself button don't use the fact you're pregnant as an excuse. I even started hiding all the fit pages I liked on Facebook because it was such a reminder of what I stopped doing. I started by getting to the gym and doing things I never did before...things like the elliptical, bike and I continued to lift weights daily a md walk.i started going on slower runs and not being so hard on myself. Running while pregnant isn't always easy and I had to be mindful of each step. Don't stress it and maybe trying something new will renew your fitness identity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't beat yourself up. It happens to the best of us! I had to stop running during my 3rd pregnancy, I was just too exhausted caring for my other 2 kids. I kept telling myself I was coining back with a vengeance once baby came and I DID! Start small, go easy, have fun. Your little one is asking, so that has to make you a little happy. And, I instantly thought of these cute tops, Running for Two. SMILE!! http://fortwofitness.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you are pregnant...that is like running a 5k everyday. Ok, not literally but you body is doing some amazing things and that takes a lot of energy. Pregnancy effects different people differently. There are some women who are able to stay active until they deliver, others take on low-impact activities like yoga, walking and swimming, and others take a break altogether. Although you are not running, if you continue to stay active, your road back will not be as difficult as you think. You have inspired others to start running, now let others inspire you to continue moving (unless the doc tells you that you can not). You will be back running before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It happens to us all. You will get your mojo back and when you do start slow. Don't do it until u really want it or u can cause an injury. Enjoy your pregnancy and talk your little one on a walk and enjoy your last few months tat it is just you two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not alone! I ran a half in August and I've only run a handful of times since then. And since finding out I was pregnant, not at all, and I don't plan to run at all while I'm pregnant. Of course exercise is good and there's nothing wrong with continuing to run as long as you are comfortable, but for me, I'm happy to take it easy during the pregnancy and start up running again after the baby comes. I feel no guilt, and you shouldn't either! But if you want to run, just get out there and do it, and don't time yourself- just take it easy! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete