Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Guest Post: Bar Pick Ups


--------------------
Hey guys! I'm so excited to be guest posting for the sisters while they get to spend some girl bonding time together with their mom! Before we get to that, how about a little introduction though....


My name is Casey and I blog over at Project Girl Get Fit. I'm a 26 year old Chicago native and am working on my masters degree in social work. I have two younger sisters that I absolutely adore (which is one of the reasons that I love Naturally Fit Sisters' blog so much!) and I love spending time with my massive family.

Part of the family at a birthday party weekend earlier this summer...


I am a total gym addict. It’s pretty much a given that you can find me at the club almost anytime day or night if I’m not at work or in class, whether I am running on one of the treadmills, sweating it out in a class, or trying to pick up heavy things and put them back down again. Some of my good friends are the trainers at my club and I catch hell all the time from them for being there for hours on end. Let me clarify and say that I do not work out the ENTIRE time I’m there (that would be crazy since at times I’m there for 4-5 hours at a time), I also socialize with the people I know, help out with events, etc etc etc. It drives my trainer, Dan, totally crazy, but since he is just as bad as I am about leaving after he’s done working for the day, we try not to judge each other. Haha.

Now anyone that knows me will tell you that I am madly in love with CrossFit and pretty much anything that involved weightlifting. I’m going to say that it’s largely because it was never something that I thought I would be able to do and the fact that I can (even if I have to modify something) makes me feel like a total bad ass. Strength and Power cycles in training make me swoon. And since I like to change things up, I am constantly putting together new workouts and combinations to try! So here is my latest baby. I have to say that I am kind of in love with this barbell workout (okay, and with my barbell!)


I did this workout with 65# total weight and was able to complete it in 14:27. Granted, I thought my arms might fall off, but it still felt awesome to push through it and finish!

In case anyone needs a review of what each exercise looks like (I’ll admit that sometimes I do, especially if I haven’t performed it in a while! Oops!), here are some pictures courtesy of Google Image Search demonstrating each move. Good luck and go get it!





No comments:

Post a Comment