Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fitness Ambition


Do you have certain Fitness Ambitions that you have always desired to do or achieve?

Some that come to my mind include:
-Living an all around healthy lifestyle
-Creating healthy eating habits for your children and family
-Instilling appropriate fitness habits into your family
-Being consistent in working out
-Becoming a "runner"
-Being able to call yourself an athlete
-Achieve your weightloss goal
-Make a difference in the life of someone else to pursue a healthy lifestyle

.....and the list could go on and on!

All of these are either some goals that I have had throughout my life, or fitness ambitions that I have heard others around me talk about!

One thing I have noticed about a lot of fitness/health ambitions/dreams/goals that people have is that sometimes we talk in the future tense, like "one day I want to set healthy eating habits for my family..." or "one day I want to become a real runner..." I hear phrases like this a lot, and a lot of time they come out of MY OWN mouth!

Lately though, after being motivated by some of my wonderful Sweat Pink Sisters, I have had a new revelation...why do I always talk about what I want to do, instead of just doing it!!

So let me share with you one of my biggest Fitness Ambitions!

I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A YOGA & KICKBOXING INSTRUCTOR!
& with that I have always thought it would be great to be certified in these things and when I am a mom be able to work at a gym and teach classes!

Only a few weeks ago I realized that this doesn't just have to be a dream of mine or something that "would be so cool..." but it can BE A REALITY! Why don't I just do it!! So I talked to my husband and realized that this is something that I am going to do! At the time I was thinking that this would be something I would pursue after graduate school, so that I am not overcommitted, but yesterday I heard of a new opportunity!

I had a friend who is a fitness instructor at one of the nicest gyms in my city come by and tell me that there were openings for new instructors...specifically in Body Flow aka Yoga! Which is on my list of top things to become certified in! I LOVE YOGA! So I talked to my husband about it and have emailed the person in charge, and am so excited to say that I am currently pursuing this dream! I love this!! I know that I will be an instructor one day, and even if this doesn't work out, I know that after graduate school it will be at the top of my list of things to do! But if it works out now that would be awesome too! I will keep you updated!


I just really want to encourage you all stop letting your dreams be only that....dreams! Start going after the things that you desire...become who you desire to be! All it takes it realizing that it can come true, and taking the first steps to make it happen! The ball is in your hands! So go with it!!

I would love to hear your stories about dreams that you have, or about dreams that have become realities for you!

-Little Sis


No comments:

Post a Comment