Thursday, August 16, 2012

Virtual Run For Alex

I am so excited to participate in this amazing event. Please go here and read all about Alex and her mom.
I don't know Alex, but she is the gal on the right! 


I am new to the world of Virtual Races.. but I already love it. Another way for me to feed my addiction- this could be good and bad. Alex's story hit home a little more for me, and my mom, which caused us not to even hesitate to do this race. As my mom put it- we are so thankful that Shane, my brother, had insurance... because without that, we would have been in the same place that Alex's mom is right now.



I can't imagine losing a child.. and I hope I never have to experience it. Losing my brother was hard enough and to this day I am unsure how my own mom does it. You join a club when something like this happens to you. I know I have met a couple of people in the past couple of years who have lost their sibling and it is like we automatically relate.. I know my mom feels the same way. No words.. none can make you feel better or bring them back.



To Alex's mom:



This is the least we could do. I can't imagine the pain that you are going through, still, a year later. For me, I know, sometimes it seems it is getting easier and other times it seems that the more time that passes it only gets harder. Praying for peace for you and that the money collected in this Virtual Race helps you get that headstone for your baby girl. I lived in Japan when my brother passed away and I had to return back to Japan before his headstone was ready. I remember getting the email with pictures of it placed on his grave. It was like the final piece. It sucked, sucked, sucked.. but also brought relief. I pray that the Lord wraps His arms around you get that perfect headstone for your perfect child. I am so grateful I was able to help in this way... if only more.



Cassey


The medal we got for participating 



So for the Virtual 10K I am suppose to submit my finishing time by August 11th. Well, last night I did the 10K and my time is: 77 minutes! This was possibly the hardest run I have done in a very long time! 


I was so proud of my mom too. She completed the 5K in 38.11

We really hope this Virtual Race was beneficial for Alex's mom!! 

Did you do this Virtual Race? Have you ever done one?

Don't forget about our SPIbelt Giveaway.. It ends in a few hours!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment