Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mud Madness

Oh man, I attended my first Mud Run a couple of weeks ago and it was a BLAST! I knew I would love it... but I didn't know I would love it THAT much! So much that I am signed up for one again later this month with a girlfriend and then again in October with a group of girls! 

In every run I do, I always get a before and after of my boy. Just so happens this time the husband was with me, with the camera-- and I have no pictures. How is that possible?! I was so excited though when I rounded the last corner, gearing up for the last mud pit to see my two boys on a bench rooting me on. Because this was a smaller, more family oriented run-- my boy got to go through the mud with me. I was so happy. 

My first post in this blog talks about how my boy is my BRF! My Best Running Friend. I would not have the dedication or determination without my 2 year old, that is for sure. So to have him go through that Mud Pit and then run with me through the finish line made me so happy. 

I may not have any pictures to share of this amazing time... but I do have a fun video of the ending portion of me and my boy. I am so proud of him and his determination and eagerness when running with his mama! 


It is funny because I knew that I would get nasty, dirty, and muddy... however, I had NO clue that I mud would be falling out of places it has no business! I had no clue that the sports bras that I wore that day would be forever stained a brownish color from those amazing mud baths pits. I was so happy to be part of this Mud Run as it supported a great cause. 

What about you? Have you done a Mud Run before? What is your favorite obstacle? Do Share, Do Share!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment